Who we are:
Network Coverage is a best-in-class technology solutions provider specializing in IT managed services, cybersecurity, compliance, cloud enablement, digital transformation and software development for mid-market and enterprise organizations. Our comprehensive technology solutions and operational excellence allow clients to focus on their business with the value of an end-to-end technology partner.
Network Coverage believes in providing purpose to our people and that character, integrity and commitment win out. Technology is our mission, empowering and developing our team is our passion.
Integrity, Humility, Ownership, Urgency, Service.
What the role is:
Reports To: Director of Solutions Engineering
Basic Scope and Function:
The primary objective of the Network Engineer is to execute on high level projects working to architect, design, and implement complex network infrastructures for clients across multiple industries and locations. The Network Engineer will also work closely with our Engineering and Escalations team to resolve advanced networking issues across our client base. The right candidate will have experience taking a project from nothing to production and end user attestation. The candidate will need to quickly and efficiently troubleshoot network impacting outages in unfamiliar environments. Ability to architect and troubleshoot AWS and Azure networking is a strong plus for the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) Required:
- Strong problem-solving skills, firm understanding of how to properly troubleshoot problems with as minimal client impact as possible.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational, operational and inter-personal skills. Assertive, customer-oriented and task-driven attitude.
- Strong project management skill set, with demonstrated ability to adhere and deliver to deadlines and project timelines.
- Strong understanding of the TCP/IP stack, and how forwarding at L2 and L3 works.
- Understanding and hands-on experience with Windows Server DHCP, DNS, Radius (Network Policy Server or NPS) services.
- Significant experience with advanced routing protocols such as: OSPF, BGP, VRRP, HSRP.
- Significant experience with implementing, troubleshooting, and understanding L2 technologies such as: 802.1d (STP and its variant), 802.1x, 802.1ad.
- Experience with wireless technologies and vendor management is a strong plus.
- Experience working with VPNs and tunneling technologies is a strong plus: SSL/TLS based VPNs, IPSEC, Routing/Policy based VPNs, GRE tunnels.
- Candidate should be able to talk through setting up a new on-premises or virtual network, on-premises or cloud-based infrastructure (AWS/Azure) from start to finish.
- Exceptional understanding of advanced networking, including on-premises enterprise-grade infrastructure, as well as cloud-based network 'appliances' and interfaces.
- Hands-on experience with the following vendors: Cisco, Palo Alto, SonicWall, Meraki, Fortinet, Aruba, Ruckus appliances, and ability to work within the CLI, are a strong plus.
- Experience with the Linux operating system is a plus.
- In-depth, advanced understanding of the AWS/Azure ecosystem and how to apply them in a reliable and efficient means are a strong plus.
Minimum Experience and Education Required:
- Prefer a minimum of 3-5 years high-level, real-world IT experience.
- No College Education Required.
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification or similar is a plus.
- Azure Networking Engineer Certification or similar is a plus.
- Cisco CCNA or greater is a plus.
- Candidates with experience in Cisco, Meraki, Palo Alto, SonicWall, Fortinet, and or Ruckus are encouraged to apply.
Supervisory/Managerial Experience and Responsibility:
- No supervisory or managerial experience is required.
Work is primarily performed in standard office environments. Client environments may vary. May be exposed to moderate noise levels from machinery. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for 8 hours or more daily.
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Duties may also involve stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching and moving of equipment in order to install or check the installations of network devices and cabling. Travel to various worksites may be required.
- Moving of self
- Moving of equipment
- Visual acuity for driving and computer work.