Who we are:
Network Coverage is a best-in-class technology solutions provider specializing in IT managed services, cybersecurity, compliance, cloud enablement, digital transformation and software development for mid-market and enterprise organizations. Our comprehensive technology solutions and operational excellence allows clients to focus on their business with the value of an end-to-end technology partner.
Network Coverage believes in providing purpose to our people and that character, integrity and commitment win out. Technology is our mission, empowering and developing our team is our passion.
Integrity, Humility, Ownership, Urgency, Service.
What the role is:
Reports To: Director of Project Management
Basic Scope and Function:
The primary objective of the Systems Engineer is to execute on high level projects working to architect, design, and implement complex systems infrastructures for clients across multiple industries and locations. The Systems Engineer will also work closely with our Tier 3 Escalations team to resolve advanced infrastructure issues across our client base. The right candidate will have experience taking a project from zero, to production, and end user attestation. The candidate will need to troubleshoot systems impacting outages quickly and efficiently in unfamiliar environments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) Required:
- Implement projects including, but not limited to, network upgrades, office/workstation relocations, server migrations, firewall and switch installation and configuration, WAP and router configuration, server virtualization, Office 365 migration, and beyond.
- Coordinate with vendors and clients to plan and roll out client application upgrades efficiently.
- Update and create documentation for clients’ environments and ensure all standard documentation is created and maintained.
Project Implementation Standards & Workflow
- Work directly with Project Manager and the Solutions Engineering Team (SET) to improve project workflows, policies, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Take on Project Management responsibilities and tasks on an as needed basis.
High Level Technical Consultant
- High-level knowledge and experience with the Windows Server operating system (2016, 2019, 2022).
- Significant experience with advanced routing protocols.
- In-depth, advanced understanding of the AWS/Azure ecosystem and how to apply them in a reliable and efficient means are a strong plus.
- Serve as an escalation point for challenging technical issues that present themselves to other analysts during customer migrations.
- Candidate should be able to talk through setting up a new on-premises or virtual network, on-premises or cloud-based infrastructure (AWS/Azure) from start to finish.
- Experience and understanding of the Linux operation system a major plus.
- Attend meetings with other high level technical company resources to solve immediate emergencies, threats, or outages.
- Act as quality control for junior System Specialist’s work and documentation.
- Provide technical and professional mentorship to entry and junior team members.
Cross Team Collaboration
- Collaborate with team members to ensure projects are handled appropriately.
- Participates in cross-department meetings to provide high-level technical solutions.
Minimum Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in information technology or managed services industry.
- 4+ years’ experience managing multiple projects.
- Enjoys a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- All-star verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks across clients and prioritize as needed or directed.
- Desire to be a cultural champion.
- Client focus with an ability to maintain relationships and resolve client conflicts.
- Detail oriented; follow established policies and procedures.
- Experience with IT/AGILE projects.
- Experience using project management software.
Supervisory/Managerial Experience and Responsibility:
- No supervisory or managerial experience is required.
- No supervisory or managerial duties in this role.
Work Environment: Work is primarily performed in standard office environments. Client environments may vary. May be exposed to moderate noise levels from machinery. Work involves the operation of personal computer equipment for 8 hours or more daily. Travel is required, maximum of 50% of time.
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Duties may also involve stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, and moving equipment to install or check the installations of network devices and cabling.